Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DIY QUEEN

Some people just have a natural gift when it comes to being creative. I used to think I was quite creative, but it's when I see work from exceptional talents, like fashion blogger Ivania Carpio of Love Aesthetics, that I realize the sad truth about my "creative streak". I honestly don't know how Ivania comes up with some of the stuff she's crafted; it just amazes me. Here are a few of my favourites.


1.   Hair Purse



That's right, this girl glued hair extensions onto her purse and the result was incredible.




2.   Burberry Inspired Zipper Jacket


Last season's H&M jacket turned Burberry masterpiece.




3.   Detailed Ankle Boots



Vintage biker boots re-vamped into an insanely cool pair of ankle boots. 




4.   Sliding Lock Shirt



This is such an innovative and original idea. Replacing the top button with a chrome sliding lock. I fucking love this so much. 




5.    Floating Branch Hanger



Perfect and minimalistic clothes hanger made from a mere tree branch, white paint and wire.




6.   Gold Accessories



Yep, she wears plumbing fittings from the hardware shop as up to date gold jewelry. And she rocks it. 




7.   Plastic Cuffs




And one of her more recent creations, plastic cuffs made with sheets of perspex that she melted in the oven. No, I'm not joking.


Not only does Ivania come up with some amazing ideas, but her sense of style is so fresh and polished. I cannot get enough of this girl. 




No comments:

Post a Comment